Mac OS X Lion is the advance version of Mac OS X, which is internationally popular and recognized for its superior performance and efficiency. Mac OS X Lion version 10.7, marketed as the OS X Lion is the eighth foremost release of Macintosh Operating System. This Lion OS X is a latest version of the Mac Operating system and provides protected memory as well as preemptive multitasking, which makes your Mac system to work with more speed. Mac Lion OS X uses HFS, HFS+ and HFSX file systems and store most of their files in extent and catalog. Though with all these features when you start using it you may definitely face one problem i.e. data loss. No matter in whichever way you try you cannot avoid them. When you face such data loss problems better go for a reliable Mac HDD recovery tool to restore lost data from you Mac Lion based system.
The most common cases in which files are lost from Mac Lion OS X are discussed below:
- Deleting Inadvertently: You might unknowingly delete important informations by emptying the Trash on Mac Lion OS X. User may also deleted certain documents while deleting unwanted files from their system's HDD which further results in data loss.
- File System Corruption: Mac Lion OS X volume files may become inaccessible due to file system corruption. If you have tried to convert the existing file system of Mac Lion to some other file system, for example while converting the file system from HFS+ to HFSX. If the conversion process could not be successful due to any errors, then this leads to file system corruption resulting in heavy data loss.
- Re-partitioning the volume: When the size of current volume needs to be changed or a new volume needs to be created becaouse of low available space, re- partitioning is done. Following the inappropriate method re-partitioning process may damage the existing volume thus leading to severe data loss from your Mac Lion based computer.
- Unintended deletion of Volume: You may accidentally delete or format volume. During the format process you may accidentally format the wrong volume, thus resulting in heavy data loss.
- Improper shutdown of system: Make sure that you have closed all your programs before shutting down your system. As inappropriate shutdown of your Mac system can result in loss of files from your Mac Lion OS X based computers.
In order to avoid the loss of critical data, it is always good to take a proper backup of important files stored in your Mac PC, which will always enable you to restore the lost files and keep you safe in terms of your important data. In case if you end up losing important files without any backup, no need to worry about it. You can easily recover all lost files from Mac Lion hard drive using reliable Mac HDD recovery software.
This Mac rescue program is an excellent retrieval tool to get back data files from any storage devices and it also provides user-friendly interface so that any user who is not having much of the technical knowledge can also make use this ultimate utility. This software includes built in thorough and deep scanning algorithms, which are able to find and recover files from hard drive and supports recovery on Mac OS X 10.5 and above including Snow Leopard. If your Mac volumes are inaccessible then this software performs rigorous scanning to recover files from those inaccessible volumes of your Mac hard drive. You can recover files from external hard drive on Mac, including USB drives, Fire Wire Drives, flash memory cards, iPods, using this software. You can also retrieve lost files from notebooks, iMac, and iBook and Mac book. This recovery application can retrieve data from corrupted hard disk and accidentally formatted hard drive with simple mouse clicks. You can obtain the trial version of this utility to check its performance. This recovery tool facilitates you to restore files from hard drives, external drives, memory cards, iPod’s, FireWire, etc. After installation, this software will scan storage device from where you have lost data and it will recover lost files. You can save recovered data after buying complete version of this software.
Steps to perform Mac Lion OS X recovery are as follows:
Step 1: Download and install the application on your PC. After Launching the application select "Recover Volumes/Drives" option provided on the main screen as shown in Fig 1.
Fig 1: Main Screen
Step 2: In the next screen select "Volume Recovery" option. Proceed further and choose the volume from which data is to be retrieved and click "Next" to start recovery process as shown in Fig 2.
Fig 2: Select Volume
Step 3: Immediately after the completion of recovery process a window pops up with the list of retrieved files as shown in Fig 3. Select required file and save to secured location.
Fig 3: Recovered Files