Mac OS X Lion is one of the wonderful creations of Apple Inc. equipped with advanced features compared to older versions of Mac operating system. It is eight major release of Mac OS X with many improvements over older versions. It offers over 3000 new APIs covering a wide range of new technologies and capabilities. It has 250 new features like multi touch gestures that allows you to tab, swipe and scroll through the applications. This makes everything to feel natural and direct by transforming the way of interaction with the Mac machine. The main mission of Mac OS X Lion is to make the Mac OS comfortable and familiar to the new audience.
How advanced may be the technology used in Mac, it demands proper maintenance and favorable conditions for its usage. This is the reason why you may lose your data. Small negligence while handling the data lands you in huge data loss. It is really hard to guess when data loss will occur. It could happen with anyone, anywhere, anytime irrespective of OS, hardware or any such factors. In such situations you need to opt for Mac data recovery tool to recover Mac Lion data.
Some of the common data loss scenarios in Mac OS X Lion:
- Catalog File Corruption: Catalog file is used by the file manager to maintain the vital information about the files and the directory hierarchy on the volume. It has different nodes like header node, index node, leaf node which are used to by file manager to locate files and directories. If the catalog file gets corrupted due to volume header corruption, frequent power failures then the file manager fails to locate the data stored on the volume and the data becomes inaccessible leading to data loss.
- Error in Upgrading OS: Many people think that upgrading OS is a simple software update and start upgrading to OS X Lion without any data backup. In such situation simple error in between the process results in data loss directly. Extreme care should be taken about compatibility issues while upgrading to OS X Lion, because OS X Lion is totally Intel based processor so all the applications which are purely PowerPC based will become inaccessible.
- Volume Header Corruption: Volume header stores information regarding sector address and Mac volume such as volume size, file system type and many more. If the volume header gets corrupted then the entire volume becomes inaccessible and the files residing on that volume are lost. At this situation, don't get worried if you don't know how to recover Mac lion data after volume header corruption, just make use of Mac disk recovery tool.
- Formatting/Re-formatting the Volume: Accidentally formatting the Mac volume containing essential information instead of formatting the volume with unimportant files results in data loss since formatting erases all the data stored on that volume and creates a new file system. Similarly reformatting the Mac volume to re-install the Mac Lion operating system without taking the back up copy of the data will lead to data loss.
- Third party applications: Users install the third party applications on the device to enhance the performance of the device to carry out some extra tasks. Mac OS X Lion has different third party applications like Safari, Address book, Mail. These applications enrich device performance but sometimes delete the files leading to data loss.
Apart from these reasons, sometimes files may disappear from the system without your knowledge. It can happen due to some logical errors introduced into your storage device. Irrespective of the reason responsible for data loss you can effectively and efficiently perform Mac lion recovery with the help of Mac data recovery tool. It supports recovery of files from HFS+, HFSX, FAT16 and FAT32 volumes. You can retrieve files from external hard drive, USB drives, Fire Wire Drives, flash memory cards, iPods. This application supports recovery of popular file types based on their unique signatures and allows you to manually add or edit the signatures of non-listed files. You can recover data from Mac OS X after crash due to bad sectors on the hard drive, usage of corrupted third party utilities, apple partition map corruption etc. It is equipped with built-in scanning algorithms to locate and retrieve files from missing/deleted Mac volumes. This wonderful application can restore data from corrupted hard disk, formatted hard drive with simple mouse clicks.
Steps to recover data on Mac OS X Lion:
Step 1: Step 1: Download and install the application on your PC. After Launching the application select "Recover Volumes/Drives" option provided on the main screen as shown in Fig 1.
Fig 1: Main Screen
Step 2: In the next screen select "Volume Recovery" option. Proceed further and choose the volume from which data is to be retrieved and click "Next" to start recovery process as shown in Fig 2.
Fig 2: Select Volume
Step 3: Immediately after the completion of recovery process a window pops up with the list of retrieved files as shown in Fig 3. Select required file and save to secured location.
Fig 3: Recovered Files